We are old, and some people can cook good stuff.
By Dominic Lewen
(please note all quantities are approximate, and some experimentation may be needed for best results)
- 4oz Margarine
- 2tbsp Golden Syrup
- 8oz Milk Chocolate
- approx 1/3 large packet of Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- Lots of Maltesers (2 pkts)
- 200g White Chocolate
Melt margarine & syrup, add chocolate and stir till all melted and smooth. (Do not boil or burn!) Stir in biscuits to suitable consistency. Take off heat and add Maltesers. Spread into tin/baking tray and chill until set.
Cover in melted white chocolate and chill again. When set, cut into squares.
Sticky Toffee Pudding, à la Mad
- 6oz Chopped Dates
- 1tsp Bicarb of Soda
- 2oz unsalted butter
- 6oz golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6oz self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 7" square tin - greased and lined
- 10oz doft muscovado sugar
- 1/4pint double cream
- 6oz unsalted butter
- Put dates in pan with 1/2 pint water. Boil, remove from heat. Add bicarb, leave for 10mins
- Cream Butter and Sugar. Beat in eggs
- Sift flour and spices. Fold in. Add Dates + liquid. Bake 50-55 mins, gas 4.
- Put sauce ingredients in saucepan, bring to boil whilst stirring. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Serve Sauce over cake with cream.
From the West Highland Way Route book. Page 14, just after Sir Jimmy Savile.
- Cream Full - 1 litre =12/15
- Dash Whisky
- Oatmeal - add to taste
Mix together until Creamy - put on top of raspberries/strawberries etc.